‘Ask The Experts’ Monthly Video #23

As a SUPboarder Pro member you have the opportunity to ask us whatever questions you have about SUP, and get a completely honest and independent answer. The email ‘Ask the Expert’ service is something that many of you have already used and the SUPboarder team have enjoyed guiding you through the world of SUP.

Helen Pullen
Helen Pullen

Great content!

Reply to  Helen Pullen

Thanks for watching

jonathan Hebert
jonathan Hebert

Great vid as always 🙂 Leash cuff sizes, honestly .. go and get your self a quick release waist belt, palm or peak uk make gorgeous belts, which are not only safer, but far more comfortable to wear. Touring board sizes, being Inland, we tend to use the 14ft’s more as you get the better glide, of course places like top of the Thames, where it’s really twisty, a 12’6 is better. Starboard has some wonderful 11’6 x 29 x 5 boards that are super light, and great for day touring or even an over nighter. im 80kg and have… Read more »

Big Thanks Jonny for the extra info and comments.
Yeah we will get on to some more QR waist leashes. I guess because we paddle on the sea so much most of our leashes are leg leashes but a waist QR leash is an option worth using in many conditions.
All great stuff, thanks again for the other extra info.
Im sure others will appreciate reading it too.

seanross
seanross

I surf with a waist leash. Especially when the waves are a bit bigger as there is less pull on my ankles when the board goes along in the whitewater. Plus it is 3 feet shorter when I am swimming away from it while the board is going behind me in the white water (think safer for other surfers), Its also easy to release if I need to. And a a final note, it makes it easier to move up and down the board without getting all tangled up in a leg leash.

Reply to  seanross

Hey Sean Thanks for the comment. I have never tried surfing with a waist leash. I always felt the it would be too hard to dive under waves when it big and the pull back around your waist would be too uncomfortable. But I think I might give it ago. For longboarding I see loads of benefits! Cheers

seanross
seanross

The pull is quite distributed especially over a wetsuit—in fact I find the pull on my ankle much worse. It’s a bit easier to grab the leash and pull it back when it’s on your waist. Summer time I wear a calf leash partially cause the waves are smaller but also the belt is less comfortable with only a rash guard.

Last edited 17 days ago by seanross
Reply to  seanross

Got it, nice one 😉

janehunt77
janehunt77

Can you review NSP boards?

Reply to  janehunt77

We try getting some NSP boards in the past but we will try again. Thanks for the poke!

janehunt77
janehunt77

Love this format! Thanks all.

Reply to  janehunt77

Thanks for letting us know, it still needs work but it’s fun to do.

seanross
seanross

I’m really glad you guys are doing head to head Sup tests. You are the ONLY ones who do this which is vital to a guy like me who is in a place where it’s impossible to try different boards. ALSO you are the one place I can go to learn about all things SUP including training. Keep up the good work!!

Reply to  seanross

Epic, great to hear it Sean. A big thanks for the support as always!

Andrea Varetto
Andrea Varetto

please improve subtitles (also automatic) for your subscribers, you make great videos but it’s really hard understand quick dialogues for not-english people like me 🙂

Reply to  Andrea Varetto

Yes this is a very good point. Im sorry we haven’t sorted this already. We will look at doing this for the future. Thanks so much for the comment and suggestion Andrea .

Richard Sugg
Richard Sugg

Hi guys…great content as usual! RE the Red V hull debate…Red are really popular here in Japan, and everyone wanted one after seeing the PR (especially as Red boards seem to be able to be shipped here somewhat normally)…however, everyone who tested the V-hull versus the sport bought the sport. V-hull tracked well, great build quality but SO slow, especially in the flat water / calm river conditions. Add another 20 + testers to your list of 8. Boosted Starboard’s new touring shape sales in an instant! Keep up the good work!

Reply to  Richard Sugg

Thanks for the comment Richard, really interesting to hear what you guys all thought of it. Great feedback!

QR: ‘Ask The Experts’ Monthly Video #23