Can you SUP surf in a drysuit?! Over the winter months we’ve been wearing a drysuit when wing foiling and been loving staying dry and warm. So it got us thinking… how about wearing a drysuit in the surf?! For Prone surfing a wetsuit has always been the preference because of the way you have to duck dive with your board to get out through the breaking waves. But the way you paddle out over waves makes SUP surfing different and maybe well suited to a drysuit. Yes you’ll definitely stand out in the surfing line up wearing a drysuit! But we were keen to find out whether it was even possible, if it was safe and whether it was something we’d recommend. Reuben goes for his first ever SUP surf session in a drysuit and blogs his experience.
Palm Drysuit used
Access all of our content and expert support!
Why subscribe? Here’s what you get;
- Access to another 200+ videos & features
- New videos weekly
- Head to Head Product Tests
- More ‘How 2’ videos
- ‘Ask the Experts’ – 100% independent support
- Support us making content you love
- Virtual Coaching with PRO ‘Video Breakdowns’
- Get a Limited Edition Gift