Starboard have just announced the launch of their 2017 product range and once again they have well and truly raised the SUP innovation bar. The new product range features clever improvements to some of the well-loved favourites plus a host of new and exciting models. The full range can be found by clicking here.
Inflatables now play a huge role in the ‘first-time buyers’ market and Starboard’s offering is continuously improving. With two brand new constructions, featuring never before used materials, the Zen and Deluxe boards not only look fantastic, they also perform incredibly well.
- The largest sector is the entry level all-rounders and this year Starboard’s flagship model is the sensational 10’5” x 32” Wide Point. Zen construction is the perfect choice for UK paddling because its lightweight, super strong and now includes the brand-new Flex Fins offering quality and durability.
- By far the most ground-breaking board in the range is the incredible 7’8” Hyper Nut, offering a truly mesmerising surfing performance in a package small and light enough to travel with.
- Starboard UK are giving a free lightweight leash with every inflatable board purchased (except the Hyper Nut). So now there’s no excuses for not leashing up.
The hardboard range for 2017 is simply the best selection on the market. With new constructions and the highest-grade materials, the 2017 range is already the talk of the global SUP community. Starboard UK have chosen a range of boards to aid progression from beginners to top-level surfers, racers or touring SUPers.
- With the inflatables taking a big slice of the beginner market, Starboard have chosen the sublime Wide Point range to give the beginner surfer a progressive product to help them develop. With the inclusion of the UK-developed 11’2” alongside the 10’5” and 9’5”, the Wide Points offer stability and ease of use on flat water and small surf.
- Touring is an ever-growing sector in the UK with some truly wonderful places to paddle. The 2017 boards give even more stability and efficiency than their 2016 counterparts, meaning you can explore further than ever before.
- Another growing sector is the Surf scene and what else could you ask for than a fast, stable and hyper manoeuvrable shape for your 2017 surf board. Check out the Hyper Nut – we promise you won’t look back after getting one under your feet.
Finally, we turn to the UK Starboard SUP Brand Manager, Scott Warren to get his pick of the bunch.
“Wow what a year this is going to be, its actually very hard to pick one stand out product… so I went for two! The 10’5” Wide Points blows the competition out the water. The new Zen Inflatable is a class above, offering a fantastic first time board but it doesn’t stop there. It’s a board which will take you on a journey into the coolest sport going. From flat-water to small summer waves, the 10’5” Widepoint Zen will always put a smile on your face”.
“What’s going to be our number one hardboard in the UK for 2017? It’s the one and only 10’5” Wide Point, just like its inflatable cousin the 10’5” gives a progression curve like no other and is a fun surfer in small waves. It has great tracking, sublime wave riding and all in all a fantastic look in the new lightweight, strong, Starlite construction.”
The 2017 Starboard product range is potentially the best one yet. Clearly, a great deal of time and effort has been spent innovating not just the exciting new products but improving the old favourites as well.
You can see the full range via the Starboard website here: http://star-board-sup.com/2017/
Words : Starboard UK