SUPboarder PRO Head To Head Longboard Surf SUP Board Test 2022 / Starboard Longboard VS Fanatic Stylemaster

In the fifth video of our 2022 SUPboarder PRO Head To Head Longboard Surf SUP Test, we ride the Starboard Longboard VS the Fanatic Stylemaster.

Geoffrey Duffield
Geoffrey Duffield
6 months ago

With the Stylemaster, I think you actually get a 6” centre fin with this version of the board. The 8” fin comes on the 30.5” width 145 litre board. Perhaps you switched out the fins sometime since last year’s test.

Daniel van Niekerk
Daniel van Niekerk
5 months ago

Hi Beau,

Great video as always. I’ve currently got a 12’6×28 generation and sometimes play about on some standing waves, but haven’t yet taken it to the beach yet.

If I was to buy a dedicated SUP surf board, would I find a longboard too close to my Generation, or would it be quite different on a wave?

Cheers

Daniel

jeroensurf@gmail.com
jeroensurf@gmail.com
5 months ago

94kg and own a Starboard Longboard 10x29x123l and love it.
Especially when waves become steeper and bigger the Starboard is so much easier to drop, turn but also to paddle out. On small stuff it simply surfs almost too good for its size.
Demo-ed the Stylemaster, but imo a too flat and too wide board.
Maybe for next year: The Jimmy Lewis black and blue is imo the best nose riding longboard I ever tried. Its tipy, a mediocre turning single fin, but on its nose and in glide a class apart.

Paul Leeming
Paul Leeming
3 months ago

Hi Beau, enjoying your tests and videos so thanks. Spotted at about 10:30 in the video and you turn the starboard longboard over, the featured board is a Wedge 8’7 X 32 so just a bit confused!

Paul Leeming
Paul Leeming
3 months ago
Reply to  Beau Nixon

Cheers Beau, keep the review’s coming, they’re great.

tony
tony
3 months ago
hello I would like to buy a fanatic stylemaster 2023
I would like to know if compared to the 2022 model only the graphics changes and I am undecided between the size 28.5 and 30.5.
I weigh 83 kg I have been doing sup for 2 years and I am improving my supsurfing.
I have been coming for 20 years of windsurfing
I currently have a naish mana 9.5 would you change it for the stylemaster or maybe it would be better to keep the naish?
tony