Improver All-round iSUP Test 2022 / SUPBOARDER PRO HEAD TO HEAD

In this SUPboarder PRO head to head test we put 14 Improver All-round iSUPs priced between £399 and £1149 up against each other. Improver all-round iSUPs are a new trend in beginner inflatable boards, slightly longer than traditional all-round boards but having the same width (31/32"). This style board offers beginner and improver paddlers more glide with suitable stability and makes a great great option as a first time board purchase particularly for those paddlers looking to get into touring over SUP surfing OR those who have rented all-round boards previously. Our head to head comparison by 8 SUPboarder testers will help you decide what board is right for YOU!

Leo Jay
Leo Jay

Hey friends! Thx for the 3 isup board tests, I just finished watching them and they are pretty amazing! In this Video, I would love in the end more scenes of the testers paddling these boards, like at the race test. And I love the deflection tests and your opinions to the boards 🙂 So now I am thinking about buying a new iSup and can’t decide, the Stx “Race” 14×30″ , the Gladiator Elite 14x30T and the Fanatic Enduro 13×30. The Setup doesn’t matter, just the Board is important to me, because I already have a Paddle. my weight… Read more »

Admin
Reply to  Leo Jay

Hi Leo Thanks for your comments. We will make sure we will get some more footage and I will talk to the team about what you have suggested for future improvements. Regarding your board choice. Because of your body weight and what you want to do with it I think looking at a 14′ board would be better giving you the ultimate glide. Therefore it’s really between the ST-X and the gladiator. The STX is a fun board to use and quick to but I feel like the elite would be the best board being a little bit wider in… Read more »

Leo Jay
Leo Jay

Hey! Thanks for your response. I’m a bit late, but I appreciate your tip. For me, I love the look of the fanatic, but its off the table. Heavy, expensive and not the fastest. So i will decide between the Stx and gladiator in14′, both look very good. The stability wouldn’t be the problem I guess, but I like to have a fast board, but not a race board yet. because of the nose rocker and your test & tip, the gladiator is maybe the best overall. the shape of the stx seems to slow you a bit more down,… Read more »

Admin
Reply to  Leo Jay

Thanks one Leo. Both boards will work well but like you have said the Gladiator is probably the one.

Neill
Neill

All I got was a one minute intro?

Admin
Reply to  Neill

hi Neil, if you are still seeing the intro video which is only a minute long it means you are not logged in to pro.
If you have a pro account please try refreshing the page and logging in again or logging in a brand-new browser.
Let me know if you are still having problems sorry for the delay on getting back to you we have all had a week off last week.
A break from all these tests 🙂 all the best let me know Reuben

sc2071
sc2071

Starboard needs to release a Generation Airline. 11’6, 12’6, 14 lengths and 28, 30, 32 widths. Include carbon stringers and/oir double chambers for stiffness. My wallet is ready!

Last edited 7 days ago by sc2071