Longboard Surf SUP Board Test 2021 / SUPboarder PRO Head To Head

In our third SUPboarder PRO test for 2021 we’re testing Longboard Surf SUPs – looking towards the Longboard shapes that will offer a good level of performance for the more experienced riders but also the boards that will help the improver/intermediate SUP Longboard surfer to progress into more performance surfing.

Kurt
Kurt
6 months ago

Great review, I like this new format and appreciate this kind of dialog between you, different background, weight and preferences.
For me 88 kg it would be interesting to hear about the bigger sized longboards like Stylemaster 10.6×30,5 or Starboard longboard 10×31
And how do they perform in comparison to a chunkier Wedge or Allwave with similar sizes.
Aloha

Beau Nixon
Editor
5 months ago
Reply to  Kurt

Hi Kurt, thanks for the comment. We feel the larger longboard sizes from he brands would be a similar feeling to the ones we tested. Yes, they have a bit more volume, but the shapes are the same, so expect a similar feeling. When compared to the All Wave or Wedge, you’re definitely getting a more traditional longboard shape in the longboard specific shapes which means you can noseride much easier. The Wedge and All Wave surprised us with their turning ability. Are you keen to know about the 8’8 All Wave @ 135L or 8’7 143L Wedge compared to… Read more »

Kurt
Kurt
5 months ago
Reply to  Beau Nixon

Hi Beau, thx for your answer and the insights. It would be interesting to here more about the longer models like the Starboard Longboard 10×31.

seanross
seanross
6 months ago

The best one yet! Love the new format! SUPS are near impossible to test where I live in Northern USA, so this information is so helpful. Plus, learning about the shapes / fins / experience of riding all these boards is an education about sup surfing. Can’t wait for the performance video.

6 months ago
Reply to  seanross

Great stuff Sean. Me and Beau are glad to hear that.

Rod Knight
Rod Knight
6 months ago

Great test guys I thought the two of you worked really well together. Entertaining and informative.
Keep up the great work you all do at sup boarder
Cheers
Rod

6 months ago
Reply to  Rod Knight

Thanks Rod. It’s great to get good feedback about it. We hope to be back together with the pro shapes test too.

cbigiii2@yahoo.com
cbigiii2@yahoo.com
6 months ago

Thanks for resolving my issues. Great stuff. I own a SMIK 9’2″ Hip Twin MiniMal. Rips!

6 months ago

I bet that one does! Thanks

SauceMan
SauceMan
6 months ago

Great work there, really like the back and forth format & perfect timing for the round up seeing as I’ve just finished watching your long board “how to ” stuff.

Gotta say I’m a little disappointed Sunova haven’t thrown their hat in the ring with you guys. I can test them myself over here in Oz but it would be good to see you guys and gal’s going over them, you do such good work on your reviews & they make a great board

Last edited 6 months ago by SauceMan
Beau Nixon
Editor
5 months ago
Reply to  SauceMan

We tried very, very hard to get some Sunova boards in these tests but there were some issues at their end getting the boards to us. Hopefully we will have some boards from them in the next tests.
Thanks for the comment.