Throughout the summer, SUP fitness guru Lucy McCormick will be introducing SUPboarders to a new ‘SUP Move of the Week.’ So why not get a SUP fit body this summer and have a go at the;
A great abdominal workout. The Side Plank will work the core, back and hips. Make sure you are positioned over the center of the board or you might end up getting wet!
- Lie on your side over the center line of the board.
- Prop your upper body up on your elbows and forearms. Ensure that your elbow and shoulder are in line.
- Raise your hips until your body forms a straight line from your ankles to shoulders.
- Depending on your fitness level, try and hold for between 30 to 60 seconds.
- Turn around so you are lying on the other side and repeat.
REMEMBER: With all exercises, technique is the most important aspect – don’t rush through the exercises, make sure you start slowly ensuring the correct technique.
Consult a doctor if you are unsure whether you should be taking part in a particular physical activity.