Throughout the summer, SUP fitness guru Lucy McCormick will be introducing SUPboarders to a new ‘SUP Move of the Week.’ So why not get a SUP fit body this summer and have a go at the;
Assisted Squat with Paddle
A Squat is an awesome upper and lower body workout, which targets the quads, hamstrings, glutes and lower back.
The Assisted Squat with Paddle is a great way to start, helping you to remain stable on the board. Once mastered the technique, squat without the paddle.
- Position yourself in a standing position over the carry handle of the board.
- Place the paddle in front of you.
- Feet should be shoulder width apart and chest should be lifted.
- Slowly lower to a comfortable position, keeping the knees behind the toes, using the paddle to help maintain stability.
- Do not bend knees beyond 90 degrees.
- Depending on your fitness level, try to do between 2/3 sets of 12/15 reps.
REMEMBER: With all exercises, technique is the most important aspect – don’t rush through the exercises, make sure you start slowly ensuring the correct technique.
Consult a doctor if you are unsure whether you should be taking part in a particular physical activity.